After our little jog, we were ready to eat! We went home and got all showered and pretty, so I could take advantage of the daylight to take our Christmas picture. . .you have to wait for that, I like to surprise you :)
We headed over the hills and through the woods to grandma's house. The kids literally attacked the hors d'oeurves. Unlike adults, they apparently don't appreciate starvation mode prior to a meal, no matter how fantastic said meal is going to be. Fortunately, grandmas know that kind of thing. They also know that the rest of us enjoy a little bubbly first, just to keep things festive. So we starved and sipped and waited. The turkey made it's appearance just on time! I cannot believe it, but somehow, I do not have a photo of the table. I was all set up to take it, but maybe the timer went off on one of the trays of rolls in the oven??? (I should mention here, due to the festivious nature of baking day, I somehow ended up double doubling my recipe and ended up with 96 rolls. Half of which are still rising in my fridge today. . . .good thing we love 'em.)
Dinner was perfect, and naptime quickly followed. With lots of football on the side. And the Kimmells showed up for pie! (They had earlier in the day saved the pies, as they were the only neighbors we knew who were home and happened to have whipping cream on hand. Cool Whip would not do those beautiful pies justice and the real cream managed to keep a safe spot in my fridge. . . 20 minutes farther than anyone dreamed of driving that day.)
We headed over the hills and through the woods to grandma's house. The kids literally attacked the hors d'oeurves. Unlike adults, they apparently don't appreciate starvation mode prior to a meal, no matter how fantastic said meal is going to be. Fortunately, grandmas know that kind of thing. They also know that the rest of us enjoy a little bubbly first, just to keep things festive. So we starved and sipped and waited. The turkey made it's appearance just on time! I cannot believe it, but somehow, I do not have a photo of the table. I was all set up to take it, but maybe the timer went off on one of the trays of rolls in the oven??? (I should mention here, due to the festivious nature of baking day, I somehow ended up double doubling my recipe and ended up with 96 rolls. Half of which are still rising in my fridge today. . . .good thing we love 'em.)
Dinner was perfect, and naptime quickly followed. With lots of football on the side. And the Kimmells showed up for pie! (They had earlier in the day saved the pies, as they were the only neighbors we knew who were home and happened to have whipping cream on hand. Cool Whip would not do those beautiful pies justice and the real cream managed to keep a safe spot in my fridge. . . 20 minutes farther than anyone dreamed of driving that day.)

No comments:
Post a Comment