Today, I am thankful for Nitrous Oxide. Let's just say I was giddy about it. I had two fillings this morning, and I'd barely entered the room before they had me all hooked up. I have a long relationship with this particular drug. I remember one time feeling like I was literally levitated and floating up to the ceiling. But once, and maybe it's just a coincidence, but I got the giggles so bad. It's hard to laugh when you've got two sets of hands in your mouth, along with rolls of cotton, a mirror, suction, and a drill. But I managed. I think they turned it down a touch after that episode.
Let me just say, for those of you who are unfortunate enough to have never experienced such a high, this drug is highly under-utilized. I've spoken to my dentist about this on several occasions, including the time I was 8 months pregnant and gearing up to give birth. I would've paid a lot of money to be sucking down that stuff during transition. And it's needle-free! Other useful places: the therapists, the ER, the funeral parlor, the DMV, Friday afternoon at 4 o'clock.
As I laid there, I tried desperately to care about something. Anything. But to no avail. I was simply and completely care-free.
Which may explain why I let me sister get this shot of me:
Totally worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment