Friday, November 4, 2011

Coming Home.

Today, I am thankful for a quiet naptime at my mom's house on the first official day of snow for the season. I'm cozied up over a bowl of chicken noodle soup and watching the wind.

It's been a crazy hectic day. After the usual morning bustle, I rushed off for an extra bum-kicking at the gym, back to the house for a deep clean for my showing this afternoon (which always includes loads of laundry for some reason), pick up Sara, feed the kids, finish the house.

I should mention I'm currently on, what I like to call, my "starvation" diet. It's not quite as severe as it sounds, although surviving a day or two without a small dose of sugar or wine, is technically what we americans (and the toddlers among us) like to call starvation. It's a bi-annual ritual, and generally short-lived. I like to go extreme so I can just get it over with and back to my usual cookies and cream.

Anyway, that combined with a busy schedule and ramped up gym visitation has left me weary and sometimes emotional. And, as we learned yesterday, a bit less than lucid.

So today, here I was, 10 minutes before the realtor arrived and 3 dirty bathrooms to go, I'm instead down on all fours trying to scrape a sticker off the laundry room floor, because my evil twin is telling me that someone is gonna walk in my house in now 8 short minutes, love every single bit about it, but leave shaking their heads. "The house was perfect, except for that Bob the Builder sticker stuck to the laundry room floor. Tra-shee!" So I cry a little on the inside, shake off the voices in my head and get the job done.

It's ridiculous, really.

But then I loaded up my kids, along with any bits of laundry or stray toys left in the house, spray a little Febreze as I shut the door, and I'm off! Over the hills and through the woods. I tuck my little kiddies into my mom's big cozy beds with a thousand comforters, light a cider candle, and make myself some soup.

Not such a bad day after all. Now I've got to get me some chocolate!

No comments: