(read: date night)

Joe and I headed to Spokane Friday afternoon for our Christmas kick-off date. (And you know it was for Christmas cause Joe let me play Christmas tunes :) We stayed at the Davenport, which was lovely, mostly for it's location. We were within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go that night. And it was snowing the perfect kind of snow all night. We hit PF Changs for happy hour (coconut lemon sour, huge hit!) and Williams & Sonoma for cider. And we finally made it to the Wild Sage, which we'd heard rave reviews about. It was 6:30 and we didn't have a reservation, so we ended up eating at the bar. Better to eat fantastic food on a barstool, then so-so food in a booth, I say. And it was. Fantastic, I mean. Really. The best restaurant we've been at since West of Paris closed its doors.
My absolutely favorite Christmas trip yet. (And yes, we did get a little shopping done :)
Joe and I headed to Spokane Friday afternoon for our Christmas kick-off date. (And you know it was for Christmas cause Joe let me play Christmas tunes :) We stayed at the Davenport, which was lovely, mostly for it's location. We were within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go that night. And it was snowing the perfect kind of snow all night. We hit PF Changs for happy hour (coconut lemon sour, huge hit!) and Williams & Sonoma for cider. And we finally made it to the Wild Sage, which we'd heard rave reviews about. It was 6:30 and we didn't have a reservation, so we ended up eating at the bar. Better to eat fantastic food on a barstool, then so-so food in a booth, I say. And it was. Fantastic, I mean. Really. The best restaurant we've been at since West of Paris closed its doors.
My absolutely favorite Christmas trip yet. (And yes, we did get a little shopping done :)

No comments:
Post a Comment