Today, I am actually thankful for a showing. Usually a showing earthquakes my whole day. Today, I was ready. And at the end of the day, my house is still clean (thanks in big part to Pizza Hut), my laundry is done, and, because I was bound and determined to get it done before the snow falls (possibly tomorrow), my car is actually clean! And I mean vacuumed! I think the tipping point here was when my father-in-law needed a ride and every backpack and coat we own fell out on top of him. . .with some fries and a couple of McQueen replicas to boot. Turning the corner you could actually hear little Thomas the Train fly from one end of the car to the next, then back again on the next turn. Humbling, no?
But I did it! I'm done, I'm hopeful for some good news on the house front, I scored some awesome deals at the wine sale (my all-time favorite rooster wine for $6, what???), it's 7:59 and the kids are in bed, and that wine is calling my name.
Yep, I think I earned me some downtime :)
No comments:
Post a Comment