Monday, January 24, 2011

Pretty Boy

Ben woke up with pink eye this morning. And he really needs a haircut, so the hair is just dangling in the goo, waiting to spread to the other eye and then all around the house. I don't want to actually risk giving the contaminated hair a cut, because last time Ben got pink eye (a few short weeks ago) I got pink eye. And it is just inconvenient and I had to buy new eye makeup and everything. . .so, to delay things, I put a bobby pin in Ben's hair to keep it out of his eyes. (I was proud of myself for thinking of a bobby pin, instead of just grabbing one of the girly-pink barrettes).
Sara saw him and was staring at him for a little bit and finally pipes up, "Ben has a stick in his hair!"
I should have thought of that. A 'stick' sounds much more manly than a 'bobby pin'.
*and, just a sidenote, since we were speaking of two-year-olds. . . .I love the little things two-year-olds do, like, saying good-bye to inanimate objects. We were at Winco today and Ben introduced himself to the giant american flag there, that was loudly flapping around in the wind. I told him it was a flag and as I was tucking him into the chair and buckling him up, he kept trying to wiggle free and crane his neck over so he could look that flag right in the eye and holler, "good-bye flag!! good-bye!!! . . . .good-bye flag!" over and over as if the thing would finally look down on him and suffer him a farewell.
I'm really really really going to miss 2.

No comments: