Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Decade, Joe!


Ha! It looks like I forgot to do my anniversary post, which is such a shame cause this was a big one! 10 years!
To celebrate we are going to Hawaii, just for as long as we can, in April. The day of, we went to Spokane for a quick getaway, where they upgraded our room to a suite, ate some fabulous halibut at the Davenport, and snuck into a pub for a beer flight. So fun to be on our own with no schedule! I'm looking forward to a week of that in Hawaii!
The other day I was thinking how much a decade can change things.
When Joe and I got married, we didn't have a cell phone, or internet access, or cable for that matter. I didn't even have an e-mail address, and I never did my shopping online. We lived in a super-romantic 400 sq. ft. apartment, with no laundry facilities, no bathtub, no dishwasher. One and a half square feet of counterspace. There was no such thing as netflix or facebook. And no one we knew blogged. I'm not sure I would've known what that meant. We did have two vehicles, my geo prizm and Joe's jeep. Gas was $1.57/gallon. People were still able to walk their guests straight to their gate at the airport and you could carry a whole 40 oz. bottle of shampoo right onto the plane. I had a good amount of credit card debt, and we both had some student loans. And between the two of us, we made $1800/month. Joe had not yet graduated from college. Our children weren't yet even a twinkle in our eyes. So much has changed. And if the little minute details of our daily lives can change that much, just think how much two people can grow together, and that is where we are. I have so many awesome memories of the last ten years, and so many completely hilarious ones too. Some just too precious to share.
Thanks for picking me Joe! I love you :) Happy 10th Anniversary!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carissalayla said...

Jeremy and I will celebrate 10 years in June and we too did not have many of those things and a tiny weeny aprtment. It's amazing how 10 years can seem long and short all in one!
Happy Anniversary!

kelly said...

Ah, the good ol' days