Yep, I've started saying it with a growl. . . this is our second go-around and it's frankly exhausting. It would be a lot easier if everyone just treated it like a cold instead of a plague. Then you could just go about your daily life without really worrying about it. "This too shall pass" sort of thing. But everyone is afraid of catching it, mostly cause then they too will have the plague, and have to be drugged up for 24 hours before they are allowed back into polite society. So it's inconvenient.
Plus I have to wrangle all the kids to the floor, strapping both arms under my legs so that I can pry their goopy eyes open to administer the evil, but painless, drops. And that just ruins my tidy day.
Ben always pretends he's gonna be so brave. He begs me to get the eye drops out. Lies down on the floor with his hands behind his head. Very very still. But as I approach him with the actual drops in hand, he freaks out and scrambles away, screaming bloody murder. Then we are back to the sitting-on-him approach. . . .as he continues to scream.
But a couple of minutes later, he is as right as rain again. He comes up to me, gives me a thumbs-up and says, "Good job with the eyedrops Mom! Good job!"

If only I could change gears as fast as a two-year-old.
Plus I have to wrangle all the kids to the floor, strapping both arms under my legs so that I can pry their goopy eyes open to administer the evil, but painless, drops. And that just ruins my tidy day.
Ben always pretends he's gonna be so brave. He begs me to get the eye drops out. Lies down on the floor with his hands behind his head. Very very still. But as I approach him with the actual drops in hand, he freaks out and scrambles away, screaming bloody murder. Then we are back to the sitting-on-him approach. . . .as he continues to scream.
But a couple of minutes later, he is as right as rain again. He comes up to me, gives me a thumbs-up and says, "Good job with the eyedrops Mom! Good job!"
If only I could change gears as fast as a two-year-old.

No comments:
Post a Comment