The kids have been begging to go to the park all week, but I would say, "No, it is too cold. By the end of the week it will be nice and we can go then."
And I would send them out to the backyard instead.
Of course Will found holes in this logic right away. "If it is too cold to go to the park, why do we have to go outside?" says he.
Well, I could blame it on Ben (he is just a baby), but let's face it, I just don't want to stand outside and supervise if it isn't at least in the 50s.
Finally today was the big day! We packed it up and headed to the park and tons of our friends were already there. What a great day!

Ava got to bring Boris home today - lucky guy got to go the park! Aren't those two beautiful girls?
And I would send them out to the backyard instead.
Of course Will found holes in this logic right away. "If it is too cold to go to the park, why do we have to go outside?" says he.
Well, I could blame it on Ben (he is just a baby), but let's face it, I just don't want to stand outside and supervise if it isn't at least in the 50s.
Finally today was the big day! We packed it up and headed to the park and tons of our friends were already there. What a great day!
Ava got to bring Boris home today - lucky guy got to go the park! Aren't those two beautiful girls?
Will found at least two of his classmates at the park, and little Jack too, so he happily ran the show. He has started calling people names, which I strictly discourage, but some of them are kind of creative and he makes me smile in spite of myself. He was accused today of calling one boy's little sister "cookie dough". That sounds nice, doesn't it?
Still, gotta nip that habit in the bud!
I had to take this shot because the kids were plain pooped out by the end.
All this fresh air and exercise is really new to us after being in hibernation so long.
Ahh. . .it sure was nice!

1 comment:
It was so nice! I took Taylor downtown yesterday too, which was followed by a nice nap.
Post a Comment