Ok, Joe and I have recently celebrated 8 years of marriage.
But just yesterday I found out Joe's favorite cookie: plain oatmeal, no raisins, no chocolate. (Does this qualify me for the bad wife award?)
The truth is, I do love to bake. . .I've just been really busy the last 7 years creating and caring for babies, and whenever I had the time (like once a year), I would make Joe what I believed were his favorite cookies: chocolate oatmeal no-bakes (or boiled cookies, as the recipe calls it). Turns out this was all just good intentions (good intentions that still disappeared in under 48 hours - they are still oatmeal cookies after all.)
Anyways, today, armed with a fresh new way to completely charm my husband, the girls' and I whipped up this batch of plain oatmeal cookies. They got to lick the spoon, but nobody was allowed even a nibble of a cookie because we saved them all for Joe. (I got out the tub of Tollhouse instead and made a couple of chocolate chip cookies to ward off the little ones.)
Hope you love 'em Joe, and here's to 8 more years of surprises!
(Poor Sara, who hasn't been exposed to much of my baking, licked up her spoon and then Kayte's, and between loud smacks of the lips she purred, "Mmm. . .this is so much fun!" (Mark 1 in the 'fun' category for Spring Break!) All around, a huge success!)

2 comments:
Thanks a lot for sharing.
I am telling you oatmeal is good for you; it grows on you for life! Ask Great-grandpa, he'll tell you and look how healthy he is and happy too!
I am telling you oatmeal is good for you; look at great-grandpa, he is healthy and happy; his favorite cookie, oatmeal!
we miss you! Home soon!
Post a Comment