Friday, March 20, 2009

More fun

Okay, Wednesday was a bit of a disaster. I decided to try to clean the house that day, do some laundry, give baths. . .you know, get some stuff done. But that seriously was interfering with my goal to give the kids some fun during Spring Break Week!
So we started again fresh on Thursday. I went to the Rain Closet. This is the closet where all the birthday toys go, so I always have something new and fun to pull out on a Rainy Day.

We started with clay. I don't know if it was expired or what, but it was really really difficult to mold. Kayte couldn't even cut it with a knife. . .So we abandoned that little idea pretty quickly and moved on. . .


This was very promising! A fishing game for Princess Gems, complete with fishing rods representing four different Disney princesses (something for everyone!) This game proved pretty challenging and I, for one, was quickly discouraged. Kayte thought it was great fun and played on without us. I gave up on the Rain Closet, handed Will and Sara their mud boots and sent them outside.


This was a huge success! The kids mucked around for about an hour. . .


They started out really bundled up (cause that is what they are used to), but by the end of the morning they had shed their hats and gloves, and even their coats. Spring showed up just in time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: