Birthdays are always a good time, but you cannot beat the 1st birthday, and the cake is definitely the most entertaining part. Heather was in charge of the cupcakes shaped like all kinds of bugs. Very cool!

Getting some help with the candle. . .
Getting some help with the candle. . .
. . .but Terran needed no help with the cupcake, he can take care of that all by himself. When he finished he sighed out loud with satisfaction!
We didn't have time to stick around for all of the gift-opening, but we did see them play with the slide we gave them. They thought it was great fun and I will definitely be picking one up for Ben for his birthday!
I was tying a big blue bow around the slide this morning and Will came into the room. "Wow!" says he. "That looks really beautiful mom!" (see, he is very complimentary!)
But then, I can see his eyes roll up to heaven, "Moooommmm, it isn't supposed to be beautiful! It's for boys!!!!"
Well. . . .the bow was blue, wasn't it?

No comments:
Post a Comment