Friday, March 20, 2009

My Kayte

I love her exuberant smiles!

Kayte is an extremist, just like her mom! She is either starving or stuffed full, boiling hot or freezing cold, really excited or just a puddle. The other day we were in the car and she said, "I would like some ice cream and waffles and whipped cream and carrots."
"Right now? . . .Why?" says I, as it was the middle of the afternoon.
"Because I'm starving!" says she.
Well, at least carrots made the list. (That makes me a good mom, right?)

******************

Earlier that same day (in the car again) Kayte was asking about her violin lesson, "So how did Miss Katie think I did?"
"She said you did great!" says I.
"How do you think I did?" asks she.
"Wonderful!" says I. " You've been working really hard."
Will says, "What do you think Kayte?"
"Well," says Kayte honestly, "I always think I do a really good job."
. . .I love that about her.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: