Joe was in Mexico, and there was a winter storm warning in effect, which I think has a direct correlation. I had Kayte leave her car at the gym, partly cause I didn't want her to have trouble getting home after the basketball game at 10:00 at night, and also cause I didn't want her car to get stuck in the driveway. And, if my car ended up stuck, at least I'd have a back up at school. Worst case scenario is my wheel house.
The storm did come, and it snowed a ton, and then it blew itself into drifts, and then, the clincher, it rained. A lot. That is pretty much the perfect storm, the trifecta that will guarantee getting us snowed in.
The pictures are super lame, but we did have a foot drift right outside the garage. And we were all pretty excited about being snowed in and having to dig ourselves out before heading to school. But alas, we remembered it was CTP4 testing that day, and we couldn't be late! So Kelly came and got us. The roads were unpaved till she got here and then we followed the plow to town and everyone made it to school on time, in spite of our best wishes.
Plow came just in time.
I didn't even have to shovel. The skies warmed up and I got right out in time to get the kids!
That might be it for winter for us this year :(


No comments:
Post a Comment