Friday, January 11, 2019

Districts

Today was filled with the high highs and the lowest lows. We were late-ish arriving at districts which was unnerving, but we locked it down and got the girls ready for their biggest race of the season.


We knew going into it that this was going to be a tough race. Historically, at districts, everyone has their best race. So we knew that not only would we have to have our best race, we had to do even better than that to keep our edge and advance to state.
We were short by just a handful of points. I still couldn't believe it when I heard, and I thought surely there had been a mistake. But there it was. Fourth place and just missed.
Clara had a fantastic run and managed to score a spot as an individual! 

Then it was time to zero in on the guys race. They were favored to win this, but it was districts and you have to bring your A game.
And they did.
District Winners and headed to STATE!!!




A District win after just missing the top place last year, was so awesome. The whole team worked so hard all season, and it was so unreal to see the guys recognized for it.

We celebrated at Mod. Some of us celebrating the end of the season, and the rest celebrating big wins! 


Ahh...I love these girls! They are the best of the best and we had a fun season! Super bummed to miss them at state....


No comments: