Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sunfair XC Meet!

I was so privileged to hitch a ride with these fine folks on their way to the prestigious Sunfair XC meet.  Oh my goodness, so much fun!
Sports as we know it, didn't hit my school until I was a junior in high school, and by then I was too worried about my hair, so I didn't jump in. Glad I have a second chance by living vicariously through my uber-talented young daughter.

Mrs. Anderson hosted us with a spaghetti dinner al fresco!

....and room to sleep!

The next morning started bright and early with a huge homemade breakfast and a walk of the course...


Ready to roll!



Kayte, sprinting the last leg....

What???!  This was a one miler, but the clock was slightly off, much to our disappointment.  Still recorded a PR with 7:11!!


Ava also PR'd the course at 8:04 official time!

Ribbons for both!


This was a huge meet!!

We spent the day hanging out and running back and forth, cheering our team on in 12 separate races!!




The final race was a 3 mile fun run that included a crazy sled-worthy hill...

There's Kayte, making the ascent.

Awards ceremony!  The boys walked away with 1st place!!

Did I mention this was a crazy-huge race??


The team!  What a fun weekend!!

No comments: