Friday, October 31, 2014

Kayte's 12th

Too busy for birthdays?  No way!  Will had to leave for football shortly after 7, so we got up early and did presents at 6:30.  In the Casebolt home, presents always come first, no matter what :)
Kayte's wish list for this year was pretty much books and notebooks.  She wants to read books and write books, and that pretty much defines happiness!
 
 


Sara is such a sweet admiring sister to Kayte :)


We got all dressed and pretty and headed to Spokane for a day of fun, just the two of us!

Stopped at Hurd, and they gave her a free hot chocolate.

I have this identical picture when she was 10 and we escaped for the day.  I know it should make me sad that she is growing up, but I'm actually just loving it.  My little person.  Love her.

So.  I assumed we would be making the usual trip to Red Robin, but Kayte suggested that she might like something a little more "grown-up".  So we chose Twigs, cause they have great food, but they still seem a little more...top shelf.

Kayte, receiving birthday wishes by phone.  Family was spread out all over the place this particular day.

And Kayte did not want to order off the kid menu (even though this is her last year for the privilege), and my once-picky eater chose pulled pork sandwich.  Haha, pretty much floored me, so I had to take a pic :)
We shopped at Forever 21, I couldn't believe they had clothes that fit her!  And we dropped in at Sephora for some lipstick, which was super-fun. 
We headed back in a hurry because we were hosting another 6-course meal for her cousins!  It's becoming a bit of a tradition and definitely a highlight of Kayte's day.

 

Sara helped with the setting, and wanted to do all the place tags...

Ben is completely in his element here.  "Suit up" is a command he can totally get onboard with.


I remember her being a little quiet.  We'd had a busy day, and she seemed content just to sit back and enjoy.



They finished the day out with PJs and a dance party....I really am going to LOVE twelve!


No comments: