Friday, October 31, 2014

A dream come true...

So.  One Sunday morning, two little girls showed up at our bedroom door with a silver tray full of breakfast.  And not just your usual bowl of Wheaties.  There were pancakes and scrambled eggs!  Totally edible, gigantic American-style breakfast!
They had apparently been planning on surprising us this way for weeks!  But Kayte wasn't sure where we stored the cord for the electric grill, so that took some tricky maneuvering to get that info.  Another morning they had gotten up early and snuck downstairs to the kitchen, just to find Joe reading out on the deck, in clear view of their workspace.  And this particular morning they couldn't locate the bacon (bacon!!), but they made do without.
But what especially impressed me, was the fact that I hadn't heard a sound.  I sleep like a teething baby and I can wake to the sound of a spider crawling across the floor in the bathroom upstairs.  So for two noisy girls flying around in the kitchen, this was definitely a superior feat!  I also was a bit endeared by the fact that all of the food they brought us was a product of their dad's tutelage.  I read an article on great dads just recently and I'm so glad I married one.  A dad teaching his daughter the art of the perfect pancake...ah, that gets me teary!  :)
So proud of my growing little girls!

No comments: