Monday, September 1, 2014

The First Day of School....

...started at 5:55 AM.  Kayte had to be at the school at 6:15 for cross country practice.  I was tightening up her pony-tail when the sun crested the mountain.  Dropped her off, ran for donuts, showered, woke up the rest of the crew for showers and breakfast.  Joe grabbed Kayte in time for a shower, and the traditional photo shoot.

6th Grade!

5th Grade!

1st Grade!

3rd Grade!

They are gonna miss each other.  I'm gonna go crazy all alone.

Ben leapt out of the car with such enthusiasm he nearly got run over by both a biker and oncoming traffic.  Seriously.

This girl is so ready.  She loves school!

And 3, 2, 1....I was instantly in mom tears.  It completely caught me off-guard.  The morning had been such a whirlwind, and here's this one, the last of my lunch dates, gone!!

Where are my sunglasses when I need them??

Heartbreaker.

Run, school, homework, without breaking a sweat.

The last elementary welcome assembly that all four of my children will attend.  The school is literally bursting at the seams!  So cool!

No comments: