Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Latah County Fair

Everyone has their own reason to love (or not love) the fair.  For me, it's definitely the food. 
There is nothing I like more on a hot September night than a foot-long corn dog covered in ketchup, with a side of elephant ear, sitting on the grass, listening to music and watching my kids dance. 
Love it!
I also love checking out the photography, the cakes, and the lego creations.  But I'd give up a lot for just the corn dog.
This year, I got to tag along with Ben on his last school field trip to the fair.  In which the highlight is always a trip on the bus.  They love that part.

Trains are also a must-see for every little boy, young and old!  So creative!


Later that night we came back with the whole family, I got my corn dog, and we shared an elephant ear.  We ran into lots of friends.  And then we headed over to the carnival to check out the rides.




Grandma Annie always buys enough tickets for at least one ride.  Ben walks into the carnival and immediately picks out the most death-defying ride there.  And wouldn't you know it?  The kid is too short for the water slide at the pool, but there is no problem with my baby hanging upside down by his toes.  That is, as long as some self-sacrificing adult will go along.  And you know it isn't going to be me!  (I just ate a foot-long corndog! Have mercy!)  So Joe and Ben, and Kayte, my daring-est dare-devil, took the plunge.  Joe spent the whole time consoling Ben, who, as soon as he hopped off the ride couldn't stop talking about how awesome it was!

Yep, that's them, up there!

Sara's in it for the pure carnival fun.  Which I love about her!

And Will, my little giver, couldn't decide which ride looked ticket-worthy...so I talked him into taking me on the Ferris Wheel.  The classic.  The sun was just set...it was beautiful!

Love this guy!
What a fun night!  You gotta love a small town.

No comments: