As soon as the triathlon was over last year, the kids were already ready to sign up for this year! So I've had it on my calendar for just ages...but then a bunch of other things got added to the day, and we just weren't sure we were gonna be able to swing it! Sara had a party, and Will had football, so they were both out, and Kayte had already had practice that morning. I had never intended to let Ben compete. He had just learned to kind of swim this summer, and learned to ride his bike the weekend before. But for some reason, if there is a sporting event within a short distance of my house that anyone in our house is eligible for, I don't know, we can't say no! It's a sickness.
Some of Ben's little cousins were doing the race, so we decided to let him give it a go. Joe planned to run alongside him for the bike portion in the likely case he took a header. And we found a kick board he could use for the swim. And we knew Kayte could handle it if she had anything left to give. And we were off!
Some of Ben's little cousins were doing the race, so we decided to let him give it a go. Joe planned to run alongside him for the bike portion in the likely case he took a header. And we found a kick board he could use for the swim. And we knew Kayte could handle it if she had anything left to give. And we were off!
Ben's first arm sharpie! He is sooooo excited!!
The older girls raced first.
Ava has a beautiful swim! I cannot believe this little blondie excels at swimming. I remember trying to wash her hair when she was a toddler, she wasn't havin' it. You never know what your kids are going to grow into....it's awesome to see!
Swimming is Kayte's least favorite part...it was a tough start!
Making time on the bike!
Ben is geared up! I barely got to see him swim before I had to run back to watch Kayte finish....
I love to watch this girl run.
Haha. Ok, this is Ben careening back and forth on his bike. I hollered at him to come towards me, and he came right at me! He is kamikaze on that thing.
We ditched the bike and started to run. And as we rounded the first corner he was puffing, "so this is what it is like to do a triathlon!". Yep yep, the very thing!
This was the best. He was pretty psyched to see the finish line and the crowd all cheering him in!
He was so excited about this medal. The whole reason for signing up. That. And the free gatorade.
So glad we did it!! What a fun time!
No comments:
Post a Comment