Friday, June 21, 2013

Hiking on the coast....

So we followed Jessa to what was promised by a local to be the best views in Oregon.  I have to say, I was totally impressed.  Fun hike!  And while some of these pics look like they might've been taken in precarious situations, they were not.  Those were later...




Climbing to the tippy top.


Whew!  So pretty!!!

Then we took the crew down to the cliff's edge.  And that's when things got a little dicey.  We crossed the little nanny-gate, which was really there for good reason. 
Kids, don't try this at home.  I mean it.  I will hunt.you.down.

Skinny little cliff.  Hundreds of feet directly down to certain death.

Little grassy edge where you could not be totally sure where it ended and the atmosphere began.

Dave stayed on the safe side of the fence.  He was none too pleased with our childish ways.

Joe thought it was all fun & games until I wanted to go out.  (To be fair, I may have stumbled a little getting over the fence which fueled his fear, but I blame Jessa for that entirely. :)
What an exhilarating day!
Seriously though kids, Never never never!!!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I could have probably made it to the century mark as far as age is concerned, but I will probably be lucky to make it to 80, after that little deal!!!!!! You fail to get the full effect of the 300+ feet CLIFF on both sides of that little trail. That was gracefull how climbed over the fence :)