So, Saturday morning we headed out at 5:30 AM(!), are you noticing a pattern here? It would've been 5 but I couldn't get myself to set the alarm before 4:30...I just have principles, you know?
We had a big day ahead! We were gonna cruise through three states in a big hurry so we could get to Bryce Canyon and Zion's National Park on the corner of Utah. And in hindsight, getting through into Utah before we'd finished our lunch made the early wake-up call almost worth it!
When I was just a little kid, my grandparents would occasionally get out their slides from their last cross-country adventure and show all us kiddies slide after slide of pictures taken from the RV of long stretches of highway. Little did I know what an impression that would make on me, and how it would inspire countless dreams of becoming a wanderer. At the time, I admit it was kinda just boring. So, this next round of photos is a tribute to them, and countless other slideshows of highway, with a dash of super-cute kiddies scattered among them. May it inspire you to pack up your troupe and find an open road!
We got to Zion's park at the stroke of naptime, we didn't have the heart to wake the little bud.
This was a mile-long tunnel with the occasional peek of view. Super-cool!
It was quickly on to Bryce Canyon, where the smarties informed us that we were looking at hoodoos! Who knew!?
The desert is so amazing! This tree is just hanging here by it's roots!
Then we went into town to score some treats, to carry us the rest of the way to Salt Lake City where we would crash for the night!
Saturday night, we arrived in SLC at 10 pm West Coast time. We had a 10 hour drive the next day, but we lolly-gagged in the hotel and took some time to play in the pool that morning. We stopped twice between there and home for 20 minutes each. Joe and I were seriously homesick! And I'd like to advise just my friends to avoid the road between Boise and McCall...apparently there is a faster, less hair-ripping way to go, but even with all it's beauty, it was just torturously slow to our little car of 6 just ready to be home. We landed in at 8 pm just in time to see the sunset beyond our little hill.
We had an awesome two-weeks of fun. Literally a dream come true!
2 comments:
Amazing pictures!
Amazing Pictures!
Post a Comment