Monday, June 24, 2013

Great Grandpa Joe!

It was 6 hours from Sacramento to LA...at this point in the game, packing into the car was a little helter-skelter:

Cracked windshield, long long long stretches of desert!

Gpa Joe's garden....so tidy!

When we got to his house, he came right out to greet us!  Aunt Kathy and Uncle Dennis were there and they'd laid out a huge spread for us.  (The kids were especially grateful for the snacks, since I had insisted on pulling over at the very first In 'n Out that I saw, and honestly, they weren't as sold on it as I was!)
It was good to see Grandpa Joe!  He does a great job of keeping in touch with us, so the kids know him well even though he lives so far away...

He promised me a ride in his Jaguar if I ditched Joe and the kids for the afternoon....hmmm, tempting, to be sure!

No comments: