Monday, August 26, 2013

THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

We woke up to the most gorgeous sunrise, leapt out of bed thinking we were all on time all morning...but the first day of school almost guarantees that everything will take longer than you thought. 
First, I'd promised the girls that I would do french braids for them.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, french braids qualify as a craft.  Yes, they do.  It requires dexterity and patience, two of my least favorite things.  I know that many of you out there think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but that may be because you have girls with American Girl Doll hair.  Even I can french braid on an American Girl Doll.  But I'm gritting my teeth and holding my breath and the girls sit as still as statues cause they know I'm one hair away from bursting into tears...ok, that's a little much, but really truly, it's hard!
I think we pulled it off, the girls seemed pleased anyway and then we sat down to a feast of donuts and bacon, with a side of milk (cause I need at least one good-mom moment today).
Oh, they look so cute!!!

My 5th grader.  So grown up!

My 2nd grader, who not-so-secretly wishes that I was much more pinterest-y.  She's gonna rock 1st day for her kids, I can tell!
(Sadly, she ran off to school and forgot all about changing into her new earrings!  I guess that's what second day is for!)

My sassy kindergartener. 

My 4th grader!  He almost got out of the house without his glasses...nice try, little guy!  :)
 
My favorite little people!  I'm really gonna miss them!

Arrived at school with 20 minutes to spare, but this cutie took some time to say good-bye to, cause he's such a sweetie!

Sits next to his cuz, Hudson.


Sara's class was super-busy by the time we got there, so we squeezed in one quick-pic!


Will didn't give me too much trouble when I took his pic.  I think it's cause he was looking so killer, he just couldn't care!

We popped into 5th grade at 8:28.  Apparently, 5th grade starts promptly at 8:30.  I didn't have a chance to take a good pic, so I just rubberneck-flashed on my way out the door.  Kayte was pretending she could see through me, cause she was already on high-alert.  That girl is so studious!

The morning flew by, of course, and then I headed back to pick this cherub up at school.  He had an AWESOME day!  And he got a sucker!  I feel like we were just here, celebrating the first day of preschool...how time does fly!

Whew.  Next year, I'm booking a massage for this day, haha!

No comments: