...and God played it well with a big old monstrous 360 degree thunderstorm, just late enough in the evening to keep the kids up past bedtime. It was perfect.
I can tell all the kids are getting excited to head back, even Will (Mr. Nonchalant) can't actually deny it. Kayte said she felt it's a little like Christmas Eve, her tummy was flip-flopping. Sara's pretty excited cause I promised her I'd let her take her studs out and pick out some earrings for the first day. And she insisted on matching my exact nail colors.
But my little Ben, I caught him testing himself out to be sure he was ready:
My mom, kindergarten teacher extraordinaire, says that by kindergarten a child should be able to reach over the top of his head and touch the tip of his ear. Toddlers' arms aren't long enough to do this, so it is the ultimate big-kid skill. They are certain to try this out the first day in mom's class, and Ben was sure to be ready...my little babe in kindergarten, it'll kill you if you let it.
But even harder to take, might be my oldest baby, headed to Mr. Kohl's 5th grade tomorrow. (Mr. Kohl was Joe's 5th grade teacher and we are beyond thrilled that we are completing the cycle!)
But tonight, I got this text from Kayte as I was settling in the living room:
So anyway, I'm packing extra tissues in my purse for tomorrow....
No comments:
Post a Comment