So, you'll have to flip the calendar back even one more time to get to this big day... Shawna hosted a great big backyard BBQ to celebrate Ann's 60th! Lots of food, friends, and more family than some of us had anticipated :)
The scrumptious spread. (Those wings were unforgettable Dave!)
The cute offspring (and Will attempting a photo bomb. Fail! Haha!)
So pretty!
This was the best part! Ann's sister from California surprised her with a 20 hour visit, popping in just in time for the party! Tears are always a good sign!
Taking a break.
Jessa's luscious desserts!
I've known Ann for nearly 30 years now, (I grew up with Joe's sister Heather, a forever friend)....so far back that my first memories of her will be similar to my own kids' first memories. More specifically, I remember her in her farmhouse kitchen loading up a thick slice of freshly-made bread with a slab of melty butter just for me. She taught me and all my friends our first dance routine for the big school talent show in the front yard of that same farmhouse. She endured long-into-the-night sleepovers and got up to make us big breakfasts. She was a fun mom and a fantastic grandma. And she's always been a gracious and generous hostess, just like my own mom. I feel blessed to have such a long and warm history with her and her family.
Happy 60th, Ann! We are so grateful for you!
3 comments:
She is a really cool mom. Love the pictures Paula and all the little notes.
Thank you so much for posting these pictures of lovely Annie's 60th birthday. Even though I don't get to see her often, she is one of my most favorite people ever! My memories go back to the early 70's when she and I were dating the Casebolt boys that had invaded California via the Coast Guard and the Navy. You are truly blessed to be touched by her life. Hugs to you, Annie!
Loved this! Happy Birthday Ann!
Post a Comment