So Joe & I were cleaning out closets the other day and came across his box of annuals from school. We dug them out and flipped through them, and in the 1993/94 book, we found this little gem:
I'm not sure who we were chaperoning (likely K & E) and you have to have some deep respect for the circles over all my "i"s. That skill takes effort.
But what I love the most was the note's total obliviousness to the fact that someday I was gonna rush down the aisle on this guy's arm and have lots of babies with him and grow old(ish) together. I was a snobby-superior senior headed off to college and Joe a super-young sophomore, little bro to my BFF. Romantic inclinations towards each other were non-existent.
So I think God had a good chuckle when He wrote our story. He let us grow up together, and gave us loads of close memories and let us keep some of them. And He watched as we passed each other in the hall all those years, and when my bed-headed self sat across from Joe at a breakfast table with his family some morning, and when we took off together for Youth Leg. in Boise one spring.
Six years after I wrote this flirty little note, and thirteen years ago today, Joe popped the question and our story together began.
Happy {engagement} Anniversary Joe, I'm so glad you picked me!
2 comments:
Aw..that's a keeper!
I love this!! So sweet!!
Post a Comment