Before we say goodbye to the month of Thanksgiving, I'd like to squeeze this one in. Today I'm thankful for this little cutie. She is always always always in a dress or a skirt of some kind. If I'm being a super-mean mom, I make her wear leggings underneath to keep her warm when she goes out to play in the snow.
But the one little quality I find most attractive in this little soul is her complete lack of envy. I have rarely, if ever, seen her cast "a side-long glance". This is a rare quality in adults, but almost unheard of in a child. She never looks to make sure she has the biggest cookie, or the most presents under the tree, or the most playdates. It's almost as if she knows she has more than she could ever need. I love that about her. And I think it will make a life-time of sweet sailing. . . Oh, how much we can learn from our very own children.

No comments:
Post a Comment