So, it's official. 11 years! And since I recently bought a 2011 steelhead fishing license, and fishing being the thing du jour, I let Joe talk me into a trip to Orofino for our anniversary. Orofino happens to be a very small town in Idaho, a town whose claim to fame includes not only a state prison, but also an insane asylum. But, it also boasts some of the finest steelhead fishing in the state. At least, in December. And, even better than that, a Best Western with the roomiest little suites I've ever seen:
This is one half of the suite. The other side has a kitchen and a full-sized hot tub. Not too shabby, Orofino!
I can do a decent amount of casting if I'm promised a long soak in a hot tub, and a 50 foot view of the river, TV, & fireplace all from the comfort of my pillow. Joe threw in a fine bottle of LV and I was sold!
See, I'm fishing!!!
The company was fantastic, but the fishing was no good. We didn't even get to use the fish-cleaning room in the hotel. I kid you not:
There was a moment there, when my lure was fraternizing with the moss at the bottom of the river, that I thought I might've nabbed one of those little buggers, but. . .no luck. The adrenaline lasted me another 1/2 hour or so, so I think that's promising!


No comments:
Post a Comment