Sunday, December 20, 2009

Nutcracker Trip!

Since. . .well. . .the beginning of time, my mom has taken me and my sister to the Nutcracker for Christmas. This year the tradition continues, this being Kayte's 6th time, and Sara's 1st! Kayte has been begging me for an overnight trip, so this year we did it! First we got a little Christmas shopping in at Riverpark Square, home of the gigantic Christmas tree, and then we met up with some cousins for dinner at the Olive Garden.


Kayte was anxious to get back to the hotel to get pretty, but I said they had to finish their spaghetti first. So she hurried over to Sara and started feeding her as fast as the little girl could eat! When her plate was clean, Kayte ran back over to me, "Sara's done, can we go to the Nutcracker now?"

Mom wrapped up some Nutcrackers for the girls, which was a really fun surprise! They did the little girl/nutcracker dance together ;)

Sara is such a ham!

Love Ava's 'ruby red slippers'!

Me and my beautiful girls! I missed half of the ballet cause I was just staring at them, watching them watch the show. Sara sat still as a statue through the whole first half - she was completely entranced!

Little cousin Taylor came by for the photo shoot :)

Festive? I think so!

The girls never stopped dancing - especially Sara, once she got a glimpse of it!


Kayte, checking out the orchestra - it is truly a beautiful score!

Mom buys champagne and cookies for the intermission (we eat well when we celebrate!)

The highlight for Sara was definitely the hotel, which she kept calling "the whole world", it was that big!

More hotel jumping on the bed! I don't know if that is a Driskill tradition, but it is definitely a 'must' for the Casebolts!

Somehow I forgot Sara's clothes! I was interrupted mid-packing and never got back to it properly! Fortunately I remembered her pretty Christmas dress!
Mom. . .thanks for the fantastic tradition! I love still sharing it with you, and now all my girls!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So fun! My mom always took my sister and me . . . and I'm so glad that I now have a niece so we can keep up the tradition!

Carissalayla said...

what fun, my mom and I always went to the Nutcracker too.