. . .how lovely are thy branches. . .

Joe and I had very good intentions to take the kids out this past weekend and get ourselves a tree. . .but even the best of intentions get way-laid sometimes. So we have had to make-do with this little 3 foot tree I bought on clearance at the end of last year for the kids' bedroom until we can get out to the tree farm this weekend.
Will came home from school the other day and says to me in a suspicious voice, "Mom. . .did that tree come from a box?"
"Why, yes it did!" says I. "Why do you ask?"
"Well," says he, "Today at school the teacher asked if anyone had their tree up, and she asked us to raise our hand if ours came out of a box. . .so I did. And Grandma said, 'Will, put your hand down. . . .your mom doesn't get her tree out of a box!'"
(at least, that's not how she was raised!)
Joe and I had very good intentions to take the kids out this past weekend and get ourselves a tree. . .but even the best of intentions get way-laid sometimes. So we have had to make-do with this little 3 foot tree I bought on clearance at the end of last year for the kids' bedroom until we can get out to the tree farm this weekend.
Will came home from school the other day and says to me in a suspicious voice, "Mom. . .did that tree come from a box?"
"Why, yes it did!" says I. "Why do you ask?"
"Well," says he, "Today at school the teacher asked if anyone had their tree up, and she asked us to raise our hand if ours came out of a box. . .so I did. And Grandma said, 'Will, put your hand down. . . .your mom doesn't get her tree out of a box!'"
(at least, that's not how she was raised!)

1 comment:
Horrifying!
Post a Comment