Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Very Wet 'Fun Day'

The kids' first session of swim lessons wrapped up on Friday with a "Fun Day". We were really looking forward to it, cause the kids were going to get to go down the slides, which they are actually too short to do during open swim. So when we woke up to pouring rain Friday morning, well, we were just relieved it wasn't a thunderstorm. We packed up the towels and umbrellas and headed to the pool.
Poor Ben got hauled along for a very wet sit.

Excited. . .and wet!

Love this face! The lifeguard is actually underwater behind him, holding him above water.

They got to swim in the lazy river too. Will could actually touch pretty well, but Kayte had trouble just keeping her nose out of the water.

Kayte's toes. Her head is there somewhere. . .

. . .ah, there it is! Pretty face!

I took my eyes off Ben for a minute, and when I turned around I found that the umbrella had slipped down over his face. He didn't seem to mind, but I think he was just hunkered down waiting for the whole thing to be over.
The kids had such a blast, and although I was drenched and freezing, they assured me the water was super-hot, "like a stove", Kayte said.
I'll keep that in mind for next time and bring my suit!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Like Will says "if you did it once you can do it twice". Good for you, way to go on the wrap up for swim lessons, rain and all!

Michelle said...

Looks like fun!