Friday, January 23, 2009

Sara's Favorite Place in the Whole World and other fun facts


Sara loves the tub! She hates getting out and she calls for more hot water every three minutes or so. It is even more delightful when Ben gets to join her!

Lately I've run into some new Sara-isms:
When I'm getting her dressed in the morning, she is always mumbling something about the jungle (we believe it is because Mowgli runs around in nothing but his scivvies). This always leads me to start singing, "Welcome to the Jungle! . . .Hope you like it here!" (which, let's face it, is an appropriate jingle for any morning. . .) and she always finishes this up with "And He never leaves your heart" with her hand reverently placed over her heart. I don't know where it comes from, but I think it is funny because we do this routine every single day!
(By the way, this reminds me of a three-year-old Kayte who had a habit of saying "Happy Halloween!" to us every night as we closed the door on her for 365 nights. The night after Halloween on that 366th day, she just miraculously stopped saying it.)

The other day as we were dropping Kayte off at school and watching her hurry to the door, Sara made me roll the window down so she could holler out, "Happy School!!!", which happens to be a cousin to the more popular phrases of Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween :) I liked the idea so much, we now use it every day. It is such a cheerful send-off!

Finally, I was loading the dishes one night and I hollered at Sara, "Come here!". She hurried in to the kitchen, dropped down on one knee, threw her arms straight out and smiled, "Yes sire?"
Too cute!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan said...

She is a cracker! Love this age of language discovery! Throw in a little good acting and you have a Sara Joyce!