Will accompanied me to the mall today in search of a gift for his teacher whose birthday is tomorrow. . .nothing like the last minute!
I love gift-shopping with him because he is extremely thoughtful, even at his young age. And well, he is just fun to be around - he's funny!
Here was our conversation on the way there:
"Oops!" says I, "The gas light is on!"
"What does that mean?" says Will.
"It means we need to get some gas," says I. "I'll have to ask daddy to get some when he goes out tonite."
"Why don't we just go get it?" says he.
"Well, it's kind of a boy job." says I.
"Why's that?" he asks.
"Well, it is daddy's job to protect me, cause I'm his girl, and that means he will protect me from the cold and snow by filling up my gas tank for me." I explain.
He ponders this for a moment then says quietly, "Well. . .I remember when he left the door open, a long long time ago."
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"He left the door open and you got cold." he says. "But that was a long long time ago, before Ben and Sara were born."
Mmm. . .I sure hope Joe has made up for that, because it seems like my son has been holding a grudge on my behalf for the last three years!
1 comment:
That is such a cute story! I actually giggled out loud.
Post a Comment