Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Poor Ben!


Ben is the third of my four children to have succumbed to the nebulizer!
On Monday he stopped eating, slept a lot, and started wheezing, so we were off to the doctor. At first there was talk of pneumonia and a bit about RSV, but maybe it was infantile asthma? I'm not convinced we settled on just one specific illness, but it seemed that the nebulizer was working on his breathing, so we took that home, along with some amoxycillin for his ear infection - poor kid!
As I was setting up the machine and pouring in the albuterol like a pro, I thought to myself, thank the Lord I'm not a pro at this! I am so thankful for healthy kids!!! Occasionally they get a cold or cough, or (horror!) the stomach flu, but they are all disease-free, healthy, happy, with ten fingers and toes each! It doesn't get better than that!

As a side note: I was slightly discouraged when I opened my fridge yesterday to find more medications than actual food. Being somewhat confined to the house for the last couple days, my cupboard was Mother Hubbard's!
But, thanks to a long visit at Winco and Walmart last night, we are up and running once again!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kelly said...

Poor Ben...AND he missed the party :( He still looks cute though.

Josh and Shawna said...

We are so sorry to hear about little Ben!! Hope both he and Sara are on the mend.