Last night I came home at 9:00 expecting a nice warm fire and a cold glass of wine. But Joe was nowhere to be found. I looked in every room, but even Sara was out of bed. Ben was still sleeping peacefully in his crib so I knew Joe couldn't have gone far. I heard noises in the basement and then the basement door alarm went off!
I started to believe there may be intruders in my house so I went to get the phone before venturing defenseless down to the dark basement. Halfway there I met Joe, soaking wet from head to toe.
Flood in the basement! This of course means a lot of work for Joe, but much excitement for the children, who were up an hour past bedtime!
I let them all snuggle together in our bed so they could get some rest while Joe figured out a solution to all that non-stop rain!

This is how I found Sara and Kayte later that night!
Children find peace so easily, don't they?
I started to believe there may be intruders in my house so I went to get the phone before venturing defenseless down to the dark basement. Halfway there I met Joe, soaking wet from head to toe.
Flood in the basement! This of course means a lot of work for Joe, but much excitement for the children, who were up an hour past bedtime!
I let them all snuggle together in our bed so they could get some rest while Joe figured out a solution to all that non-stop rain!
This is how I found Sara and Kayte later that night!
Children find peace so easily, don't they?

3 comments:
I am SO sorry that you have to deal with that!! I remember how frustrating it was for our parents when our basement flooded. Let me know if you all need anything, babysitter, help, etc.
Ed says...I like the temporary fix, it looks Idahoish!!!
Yeah, I think it is going to come down to sandbagging for awhile, and then we are going to concrete that worthless hole! Water only ever flows up, never down!
And thanks Shawna! Fortunately Joe caught it soon enough that it barely made it into the house. It is nearly dry already.
Post a Comment