Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Little Helper

Joe has assigned the kids some daily chores. Tonite is Kayte's night to do the dishes. And, as every mother knows, it is easier to do it all by myself, but hopefully it will pay off in the end :)

Still in her ballet uniform from earlier in the day. . .


She sure loves to help out though, that's nice!

I really needed to go to the grocery store today and I really needed to clean the house too. Wednesday is usually my cleaning day. I told Joe last night that I was going to get up at 6:30 and go shopping all by myself.
He laughed.
I know, I didn't believe me either.
Then I was thinking, maybe I could wait until the kids got out of school and all go together :) (I like to be crazy like that sometimes, just to keep my edge.) But this time, I had visions of tearing off the list in four pieces and sending my four children to the four corners of the store to collect everything, and then meeting me at the register. Since Ben can't walk and none of my children can read very well yet, that is just a fantasy for now.
So, I buckled down, loaded up Sara and Ben, and went out at 9 this morning. By the end there wasn't room for Sara to sit and Ben was crying, and it took me until 11 to get everything in the house and put away. But now it is done for two whole weeks, hoo-rah!
Maybe I will clean my house next week. . .
(or get up at 6:30 tomorrow to get it done?)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan said...

What a hoot! It's lonely in the stores at 6:30 a.m., or at least that is what I've heard!