Every year I make crescent rolls as soon as I pop out of bed in the morning. This year I had three helpers!
Usually I try to poke my head around the corner so I can catch a little of the Macy's Day Parade, but this year I thought ahead and had it recorded (yes, we still use VHS tapes for this purpose!)
It gave me something to watch in the evening while I ate my plate of leftovers :)
Grandma's new table! I absolutely love it! Even Ben had a place at the table, and there weren't even leaves in it yet! So there will be plenty of room for the Sawyer family of five also!
I tried to teach Kayte and Ava how to fold napkins like turkeys, and they actually got the fan part of the napkin, so I was pretty impressed!
Kayte was most looking forward to naptime with Ava after dinner. They got the cushions off the wicker to make beds and then they laughed and talked and colored and read.
Will was bummed to miss out, but he is still taking real naps. I told him when he was five maybe he could join them.
We had a lovely relaxing day. Everyone was healthy and happy and there was plenty of delicious food to eat and plenty to take home for later. All the little kids napped and even some of the adults squeezed in a sleep by the fire.
As it got dark we packed up to head home and Dad set up his lighting ceremony. It is much like Christmas Vacation with lights draped everywhere and even four little trees lit up like Christmas trees in the front field.
Dad let off a few fireworks and then the lights came on and Kayte and Ava danced around the trees singing "Joy to the World".
It was a lovely kick-off to Christmas!

1 comment:
Nap was Ava's favorite part!
Post a Comment