I used to write this blog on my desktop computer pretty much every day updating it with pictures and stories. Life is different now. A lot of times my modern day journal keeping is just posting pictures on Instagram. And yet. This blog. My kids still regularly pull out one of the six years we have already made into books and flip through it. They keep memories alive by reading about them.
Today, my internet in the country can be frustratingly slow. I am rarely home for long pieces of time, and even then, I'm alone. There's no funny things happening around me. I'm doing laundry or emptying dishwashers or listening to an audiobook while I steam-clean my grout or clean out a closet. Not a lot of anecdotes to be had. And yet. My kids are still out there, learning to conquer the greater world.
So every once in a while, I pack up my things and head to Bucers and then I order a chai, and then a soda, and then a glass of wine and a hand pie while I sort through pictures of the last month and remember all the things. It's always a good cozy day, and at the end of it, I have a long scroll of memories, and items checked off my to-do list.
Kids, if you are still reading this, I love you so much. This blog is for you. We have so many great memories and I'm so excited to see it continue to unfold with all of your accomplishments. Your good days and your bad. Thankfully, no one really reads blogs anymore, so I get to be braggy and honest here, and I get to post things that you would never let me post on FB or Instagram. Because by the time you read it, these will always be good memories. And the bad stuff, we'll be able to laugh at.
Love you guys.

No comments:
Post a Comment