Thursday, February 6, 2020

Knights FEST!

What a week! Joe was out of town on one of his round the country super-fast tours for the week, so we were all-in on the Knights Fest craziness.
Kayte got a face-wound in a basketball game from her own teammate, but they won the tournament so it was all good.



The workshops were super-fun this year.

Kayte had gone out to mom's the week before to learn how to make her famous cherry cranberry pie, and then it was time for her to do it on her own. It turned out amazing, and I actually loved the taste, which was surprising cause I'm not usually a cherry pie fan. But this one was sooo good!





This was my first experience with lattice, so it really was the blind leading the blind :)




Will was signed up to be white whale blubber for his class book, so this was the closest I could come up with. A garment bag. I actually thought it was a little bit genius, but then I usually do.


I loved the addition of almonds, so yummy!

Ta-da!

Kayte was the only one who had to be on time the final day. She had to turn in her pie, and then the juniors were responsible for set-up. Sara and Will got to sleep in.
Kayte's class book was the chemistry book and they all dressed up as elements. Kayte was gold. It was actually a pretty cool idea, and their class ended up winning Knight's Fest, and I thought it was well-deserved. They did a really great job!

Sara's class did the fallacy book and she was this. Haha, so cute!


We painted big fat eyes on her :)
Such a super-fun week and the feast was so fun! Kayte's pie got second place.
Overall, a huge success!

No comments: