Thursday, September 17, 2020

The Day after Today.

Here I am again. Bucers for their wifi and their handpies and their diet coke which will be a glass of wine by the time I finish today.
But the day looks so different than it did that February day more than 7 months ago, when I proudly got all caught up determined to Never Get Behind Again. And then 2020 happened.
Now the skies are an apocalyptic shade of greige from the smoke of the entire west coast burning. I keep sipping my diet coke so that I will not be interrupted by the police and cited for not wearing a mask in public. I'm avoiding facebook because my Christian cousin is trying to publicly argue with me about why churches should be allowed to legally gather in California. California. One of the fifty states of the land of the free and the home of the brave and all that.
How did we get here? And how do we get back?
Seriously sometimes things get so crazy I have to legitimately convince myself I'm not dreaming.
People post comments on daily news stories that has me constantly wondering, are they being sarcastic? Or do they really want the death penalty for the students that gathered for a party in their own private apartment and let 11 people in, instead of the legal ten.
Well. Let's get started so I can get all caught up, and Never Get Behind Again.
God have mercy.

No comments: