Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Tuesday Theory.

I've been avoiding my blog. 
It's been an overscheduled month, yes, but it's also February.  It might just be the doldrums.  But last month, when I was trying to track down pictures from this time last year, I had a hard time finding any.  I feel like this is the time of year that we all tuck our chins in, wrap the scarf all the way up to our eyes and just kind of get through it.  We've had a mildish sort of winter and some lovely springish days.  And we've certainly tried to take advantage of that. But I have no photo evidence to prove it.  And it's hard to remember the springy day when you wake up with frost on your nose cause you left the window open the night before.
February is like Tuesday.  January would be like Monday, and we are still kind of riding the high from the holidays (which would be the Sabbath rest of Sunday), and then we wake up and it's February (which would be Tuesday) and realize we have a bit of a ways to go before the next break (the weekend) when the warm weather comes, school's out, and we get to run around with bare feet in the grass.  I've really never liked Tuesdays for this very reason.  Plus, in my junior year of college, it rained every single Tuesday for two whole months.  (No lie.  Ask my mom.  Even if she doesn't remember, it's still true. I'm sure google could back me up here.)  Which would be all well and good if I was cozied up at home by the fire in my socks eating cookies.  Who doesn't like a rainy day in your socks?  But Tuesdays were never like that.  Tuesdays were the kind of day that I had to actually hit all three jobs, and hike across the entire length of campus 4 times cause my classes for that day were on all four corners of the 600 acres.  In the pouring rain. 
I've been frequently at the HIRC this month, as I may have mentioned :),  and sometimes I catch myself rubbernecking at the pool and thinking of all the lazy days we spend there, come August.  And I get all itchy for it.
But I straightened out my big girl pants, unloaded a few photos from the old Nikon, and put my party face on.  Things aren't really that bad.  After all, after Tuesday, comes Wednesday, and then heck, you're practically to the weekend!  I might just get out some of that face foil and get myself some much-needed vitamin D this weekend.  Surely that will help!

No comments: