So I was dealing with this cold that was less nasty than it was just inconvenient. I picked up Ben and he was asking me about it.
"It's ok, Mom." says he. "I'm gonna make you some lunch."
Sure enough. When we get home he sets to work, gets out the peanut butter smears it on a tortilla and adds some carrots. "You need your vegetables. You look lousy. I'm gonna make you some lunch and make you all better."
As you can imagine, I'm not partial to peanut butter on a tortilla, but I do have a tremendous soft spot for this little bundle of joy, and I sat down with him and did my best to eat it all up.
"SEE!" says he. "I knew that would make you as good as new."
I'm not sure if it was the medicine or the bedside manner, but I did feel pretty warm and fuzzy.
Thanks little bud. Seriously. What would I do without you?
No comments:
Post a Comment