Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Home sweet home.

Our house is getting really super-close!!!
This week they've been installing wood floors and started the tile.  Installed the outlets.  Kitchen cabinets are supposed to be here tomorrow!  Seriously.  Pinch me, I cannot believe it is real!
I remember three and a half years ago when I found out that this little bit of land was up for sale.  The bit of land that Joe and I have wanted for just ages and ages.  I remember being terrified to call the realtor about it, simply because I was afraid she'd say it was sold.  I waited for days until my mom finally told me to pony up!  She said that we should just move forward until God closes a door on the idea.  So I did.  And while we had many many more doors to get through, He opened them all, and we are so.close. to actually living there in our little dream house on our little dream square of land.

My bedroom :)
 
There is only one person more ready than I am to finally get in here.  That would be poor little Ben.  He has spent countless hours waiting in the car for me as I've discussed trim and lighting and paint colors and plumbing.  I'm literally here three times a day and mostly with Ben in tow, but it takes great self-restraint on my part to avoid camping out here.  Finally, one day, Ben throws his hands up in the air and moans, "MOM, you can see it when it's finished!"

No comments: