We headed out to Woodbury Tree Farm this weekend. It was practically balmy and only a little bit muddy. We found the PERFECT tree. At least 3 times. But we narrowed it down and the boys got to work...Ben mostly in the cheer section.
Then Will had a go at it.
We put it up two nights ago, but have yet had time to light the thing up! But it smells lovely!
Today, as I was in the shower, I could hear my little Ben thumping up and down the stairs on a mission. I could just see the whole contents of the toy closet laid out on what used to be my freshly cleaned living room floor. I hollered out to him, "Ben! What're you doin???"
He stomps out in his black cowboy boots and his red christmas sweater and his tousled blond mop skimming his perfectly blue eyes, "I'm building a Christmas Track around the Christmas tree." (Of course.)
He worked very hard on it all morning. And only got distracted when he talked to his cousin on the phone and decided to stop and wrap up all his trains in copy paper and blue painter's tape for Christmas presents for Harper.
I tell ya. This kid kills me. Seriously. Every.day.
No comments:
Post a Comment