Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Oh...Hello!

My head has been in the sand.  It is December 4th and we are living in a constant state of mayhem.  Really, this housewife thing would be much easier if there was no cleaning, dishes, cooking, or shopping involved.  Yes.  I think without those four simple things, I might be able to stay above the fray.  Oh, and laundry.
And to top it off, Joe and I headed out for two whole days off and rode home in a sleigh full of gifts.  Which was (super) fun.  But now we need to dry out the tree, so we can put it up, and wrap the gifts, so I can stop tripping over the blanket-covered pile in my room.  That's the best I can do with hiding places this year.  And I had a grand plan to finish the kids ornaments and make Christmas cookies this afternoon.  But instead, I've spent the last several hours searching out the difference between sugar white and paper white and stark white, and homedepot.com and overstocked.com and lowes.com and potterybarn.com looking for the lighting of my dreams in under $20/ each.  And I addressed all my Christmas cards three days ago and have yet to stamp them and toss them in the mail. 
And sadly, there are no Thanksgiving pics or stories up yet!
But honestly, I love the bustle.  I'm having so much fun!  I've actually started to not mind what a crazy mess my house is.  I'm only afraid I'll never get back to being neat (and by that I mean normalish-neat, not OCD-neat.  Fortunately, that has never been my problem.)  Someday I'll blog and get through my 972 read emails and call people back and clean the toilets.  But for now, I'm bustlin'. 
I'll 'resolve' come January.


No comments: