Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last Day of School!!!

After the kindergarten ceremony, we headed over to the kids' awards assembly...I managed to get a couple of pics of the kids in their classrooms for the last time, and they both got to stand up for the awards!  Kayte landed on the A/B honor roll (I think you have to get only 1 B per quarter to end up there...) and Will scored a star for having 98% attendance this year, which is just a plain blessing on our family for not getting every sickness that went through the school!  Last year was bad!
The one picture I really wanted to get was their last-day-of-school-picture-on-the-front-porch-in-their-dress-uniforms!  I've taken it every year to show how much they've grown since the beginning of the year, so I'm kinda bummed.  But, we've also been at our old house for all those pictures so it wouldn't be the same anyway...or so I keep telling myself.  (I should really just re-enact the photo....ha ha!  They'd love that!)



We are just super-excited that school is out and we can sleep in, watch PBS kids, play basketball, ride our bikes, go to the pool (eventually!), and vacation!
The kids did spend the first 2 1/2 hours of their very first summer vacation day playing a very organized pretend school...that was how long the two olders could keep the two youngers playing along.  But it was quiet and orderly and busy all morning!

No comments: