Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Downtime

What's our favorite spring break pasttime?  Playing school, of course!  Kayte is super-organized and would actually make a great teacher, I think!  I scored some teacher lesson plan books and grade books in the dollar bins at Target awhile ago, and she's been working with her little students all week long.


Kayte is a hard little worker and astonishes me at what she can accomplish in a day with a smile on her face.  She's had a very busy schedule lately.  One real day in the life of Kayte:  school, 3:30 ballet class, 5:00 basketball game, 1/2 hour of violin practice before dinner, another 1/2 hour after dinner, and then a 1 1/2 hour school project before crashing in bed at 9.  I'm not sure if she even squeezed in a bathroom break.  Some days are harder than others, but this one wasn't atypical for her.
I'm so thankful for her spring break.  She needed one.



No comments: