Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Shoulda had my Wheaties. . .then gone back to bed.

Yup. It was that kind of day. I got myself into a fender bender. . .that nearly turned into a hit and run. I didn't know there was even a car behind me until she honked at me as I drove away, and when that didn't catch my attention, she got out of the car and yelled at me. Of course, I couldn't blame her. It was bad manners on my part. But I honestly didn't know I'd touched her. Evidence on both of our cars proved otherwise, although my car was only barely scratched, it didn't even cut the surface of the paint. On hers a little dent. Things gently snowballed from there. I couldn't find my shuffle on the way to the gym, so I grabbed Joe's. I didn't realize it was dead till I was standing on the treadmill. The girl next to me was watching "Sons of Guns" and there was no Musak playing in the background for some reason, just on this particular day. Then I cut my finger when I was lifting weights. Smudges of blood everywhere.

This blog is not a history of our lives. In a good history book, you get to see all the blood and gore, the arguments and foolishness. This is the Casebolt Family Highlight Reel. It doesn't cover everything. You wouldn't see a picture of me giving my kid the stink-face on a highlight reel. . .unless it was for entertainment value. I just wanted to clarify. In case I start going on and on and on and on about how fabulous I think all my favorite people are. Here on this page, you will only see the good stuff. The stuff I want my kids to remember cause these days won't come again. I will continue to be a sinner in 20 years, so will they. Hopefully they will all be more mature sins, but sins just the same. . .and we won't need a record to remember that we did them all before.

A hot shower, a cool jeep ride, and a frosty margarita. . .that oughta turn things around!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Ed says that fender bender story sounds a bit familiar....